- How To Drain Water From Above Ground Pool – Steps by Steps
- Drain an above ground pool is more difficult to drain water from the underground pool
- Now, do you know how to drain above ground pool?
For winter, the weather is too cold, so we will not need to use the pool on the ground anymore. It’s time you should put your above ground pool into a storehouse. Of course, the first task you should do is to drain all the water out of it, clean it, dry it and then take it away. How to drain an above ground pool? Is it more difficult than the underground pool?
It is so easy to flush the water out of an above ground pool, but we need to know some of the necessary tricks to do it quickly. Let to discover how to flush water out of an above ground pool right now.
How To Drain Water From Above Ground Pool – Steps by Steps
Before draining, you need to find a place to drain water out (sewer, water course …) to ensure that water does not flood your yard. Then you consider drain an above ground pool on the fastest and most efficient way. There are two ways to choose are the pump solution and the garden hose solution.
Solution 1: Drain water from above ground pool is so easy with a pump
This is the solution which you can drain an above ground pool quickly and easily. You need to prepare the tools such as a submersible pump, power plug, hand wipes … Then you proceed it according to the steps below:
- Step 1: Pull the pump ’s hose to the center of the pool, as close as possible. Then, submerge the pump deep to the pool.
- Step 2: Place the outlet hose out to allow water to drain out of the pool and dry your hands. Be sure to dry your hands thoroughly to ensure the safety of the next step.
- Step 3: Plug the pump into the electric socket
- Step 4: Turn on the pump and make sure the pump runs well
- Step 5: Keep track of the water level. It can take several hours depending on the pool capacity and the pump capacity
- Step 6: When the water level is too low, water can no longer be pumped out, you turn off the pump.
You can drain the remaining water in the pool by opening the drainage holes for the water to flow out. When you implement this solution, you must be really careful because you are manipulating directly with water and electricity. So to avoid electric shock, in step 3 you have to make sure to dry your hands thoroughly before plugging the pump into the electric socket.
Solution 2: Use a garden hose to drain an above ground pool
One of the solutions to drain water from the pool without a pump is that you can use a garden hose available in your home. If you choose this method you should do it on the weekend because it takes a long time to drain water from above ground pool completely. The tool you need to prepare is just a garden hose and the steps are as follows:
- Step 1: submerge the garden hose deep in the water
- Step 2: Put 1 top of the garden hose out of the pool and place it in the area you want to flush out. You have to be sure the other end of the tube is still in the water.
- Step 3: Keep track of the water level. This step will take longer than the pump solution, so you have to be patient.
- Step 4: When the water level is too low, you take the garden hose out of the pool
Similar to using a pump, only with center drain you can drain all the remaining water out of the pool. There is a trick in this solution you need to know that you can use many garden hoses at the same time so that water can escape faster.
Drain an above ground pool is more difficult to drain water from the underground pool
As you know, underground pool usually elaborately designed and have the modern sewage system. Therefore, draining water from the underground pool is very simple. You can use the available functions following the instructions of the supplier that you can able to flush the water straight down the main sewer.
About the above ground pool, It’s just a mini pool, a simple design and stays on the ground. You can’t flush the water straight down the main sewer. You have to find a support tool where water can flow out in the right place. It is the reason why I can said that Drain an above ground pool is more difficult to drain water from the underground pool.
Now, do you know how to drain above ground pool?
After reading this article you can see that draining water out of an above ground pool is quite simple. You just need a pump or a garden hose to have a pool of clean water and you can you can put it away or clean it.
With garden hose solution, you should spend more time, but it performs simpler than other solutions and more safety. So you can consider about it, If you do not want to touch the electricity when flushing the water out of an above ground pool.
Hope this article will be useful for you in the maintenance and care of your above ground pool !