Is buying an inexpensive and portable sleeping utility good for my sleep? Should I invest BIG money in an expensive bed, instead? How to find a good mattress? Etc.
You might wonder lots of queries when searching for a bed to sleep in. But, in case you prefer to get an affordable yet quality bed, it’s totally okay when looking for the best Intex air mattress.
Intex, or Intex Recreation, is the company’s name, which does specialize in inflatable things. That’s why it has gained the popularity of mattresses for its low price ranging from $20 to $100 that anyone can buy. Moreover, it has soon become one of the best-selling mattresses on Amazon, Walmart and other websites with thousands of satisfied customers.
If you don’t want to spend a lot of money on an airbed, you should opt for the Intex air mattress. And to understand better, please follow De Gascogne since we’re going to show you detailed reviews as well as guides to buy the best one.
Full Reviews of the Best Intex Air Mattress 2018
- Full Reviews of the Best Intex Air Mattress 2018
- Intex Dura-Beam Standard Series Airbed
- Intex Dura Beam Standard
- Intex Dura Beam Plus
- Intex Traditional In Home
- Intex Traditional Camping
- Things To Consider When Selecting The Best Intex Air Mattress
- FAQ’s About The Intex Airbed Mattress
|Product name||Size (inches)||Capacity
|Intex Dura-Beam Standard Series Airbed||60 x 20 x 80||600|
|Intex Dura-Beam Series Elevated Comfort Airbed||60 x 16 x 80||600|
|Intex Dura-Beam Standard Series Pillow Rest Raised Airbed, Queen||60 x 16.5 x 80||600|
|Intex Dura-Beam Standard Series Pillow Rest Raised Airbed, Twin||39 x 16.5 x 75||300|
|Intex Comfort Plush Elevated Dura-Beam Airbed||60 x 22 x 80||600|
|Intex Comfort Plush Elevated Dura-Beam Airbed, Twin||39 x 18 x 75||300|
|Intex Comfort Plush Mid Rise Dura-Beam Airbed||54 x 13 x 75||600|
|Intex Pillow Rest Raised Airbed||39 x 16.5 x 75||300|
|Intex Pillow Rest Classic Airbed, Twin||39 x 9 x 75||300|
|Intex Pillow Rest Classic Airbed, Full||54 x 9 x 75||600|
|Intex Prestige Downy Airbed Kit, Twin||39 x 8.75 x 75||300|
|Intex Prestige Downy Airbed Kit, Full||54 x 8.75 x 75||600|
|Intex Prestige Downy Airbed Kit, Queen||60 x 8.75 x 75||600|
Intex Dura-Beam Standard Series Airbed
This Intex queen air mattress can blow up to an impressive size (60 x 20 x 80 inches) when pumped up. That means it might be fit for a couple or any camper in luxury with a weight of up to 660 pounds.
Featuring an Intex innovative fiber-tech build and thousands of high-strength polyester fibers, you are guaranteed to get great stability, comfort and support while sleeping. What’s more, the Essential Rest highlights a traditional bed height and comfortable flocked airbed, giving a firm surface that doesn’t roll if you’re on the heavy side.
Another interesting thing is that it’s equipped with a built-in electric pump to make prep easier. And you just take about three and a half minutes to blow it up to full size.
- Easy to set up and store
- Offers excellent support and stability
- Comes with right size (queen size)
- Built-in electric pump
- Great for guests visiting
- Not a plush surface
- Starts losing air after about one month of use
Intex Dura Beam Standard
Intex boasts introducing its Dura-Beam Standard Technology with 100% more durable, 35% more supportive, and 15% lighter than a traditional airbed. After showing the first best Intex air mattress above, we continue mentioning the other three ones that are ideal for your sleeping demands at this time.
Let’s take a look!
Intex Dura-Beam Series Elevated Comfort Airbed
With the size of 60 x 16 x 80 inches, this air mattress is perfect for two adults and excellent for camping or for home use. It’s super soft, making it ideal for a comfortable night’s rest despite getting in and out of bed or being outdoors and on the hard ground.
Thanks to a Dura-Beam Standard, you also receive maximum durability and support when sleeping in. Additionally, the flocked sides are abrasion resistant and more puncture. With the built-in electric pump, you can blow up the bed whenever you want.
- Ideal for two people
- Easy to inflate and deflate
- Features reliability and firmness of the Dura-Beam Standard
- Comes with durable construction
- Doesn’t stay inflated well after a couple of uses
Intex Dura-Beam Standard Series Pillow Rest Raised Airbed, Queen
This next Intex air mattress queen is a great catch if you’re searching for a budget-friendly yet quality airbed.
Since it is equipped with the Dura-Beam tech, you can get the assurance of this mattress’ full quality that you can count on in many ways. Besides, it’s made using the fiber-tech with highly strong polyester fibers, making this airbed last for long.
One more significant thing that this airbed offers is the built-in pillow rest. That means you can go to bed comfortably with or even without pillows. What’s more, you’re guaranteed of a soft and cozy stay thanks to the luxurious flock top.
- Looks sturdy
- Easy to store with a duffel bag
- Quick and simple to inflate and deflate
- Good price
- Durable and no leaking after using for a long time
- It’s not ideal for camping since you cannot have it inflated without the built-in electric pump.
Intex Dura-Beam Standard Series Pillow Rest Raised Airbed, Twin
This air mattress with the twin size (39 x 16.5 x 75 inches) is a perfect choice if you’re only searching for an extra bed. Similar to the above product, this one also combines the great design and built-in pillow to make one of the most comfortable beds out there. Of course, you are assured to get a steady construction while sleeping all night.
Aside from the built-in electric pump, this Intex twin air mattress features the built-in pillow rest. Hence, you don’t need to use extra pillows to get great comfort.
But, please note that this airbed is a bit unstable when being placed on a hardwood floor. It’s best to put it on top of the carpet to keep it steady and more comfortable.
- Ideal for extra bed
- Fast and easy to set up and store
- Affordably priced
- Gives a comfortable feeling while sleeping
- A bit shaky for some people
Intex Dura Beam Plus
Following the great features from Intex Dura-Beam Standard Technology, Intex continues adding a new factor of “PLUS” that can give you luxurious comfort. Not only will you get a super soft fleece-flocked surface but also a great built-in headboard. Especially, they are designed for fitted sheets perfectly.
Watch this video to know better!
Now, it’s time to pamper your cozy sleep with the best Intex air mattress below!
Intex Comfort Plush Elevated Dura-Beam Airbed
As a part of Dura-Beam series, this Intex air mattress definitively brings you a great sense of durability that you will enjoy for years.
The primary secret is all about the fiber-tech technology and strongly polyester fibers, giving enhanced comfort, maximum support, and excellent stability. Also, it’s coated with a plush flock that is quite soft to touch. Plus, it comes with horizontal chambers, increasing stability and support surrounding the whole bed.
As its name suggests, you’re guaranteed to get a great deal of comfort whenever laying your body on it. And thanks to a height of 22 inches, you get the comfort and feel of a conventional bed while on the trails as well. What’s more, this product promises the whole year around and even years of durability.
- Quick and easy to inflate
- Stands 22 inches away from the floor
- Features the adjustable firmness as well as softness level
- Long-term use
- Easy to store in a duffel bag
- A bit tough to deflate completely
- Leaks air over time
- Some complain the standard queen-size sheets don’t fit well
Intex Comfort Plush Elevated Dura-Beam Airbed, Twin
It can be said that this Intex air mattress twin is actually great for indoor use. Let’s your guests sleep on it since it’s cozy and does offer a considerable amount of support for an airbed. Wonderfully, this product comes with the Comfort-Plush Tech that will give you serious support, comfort, and stability.
The 18-inches height makes you feel almost as if you’re sleeping on a regular bed, not an air mattress. In addition, the top is gathered and made out of soft material that increases the total comfort. What’s more, all the sides are crafted to permit you to keep the sheets tucked conveniently.
And don’t forget that the Dura-Beam Tech provides a lack of deformation, enduring comfort, and an enhanced lifespan.
- An ideal choice for guests
- Gives soft, nice, and cozy top layer
- Features Dura-Beam Tech
- Increased support and comfort
- Easy to inflate and deflate
- Since this airbed is quite large, not suitable for outdoor use
- The leak happens if more than 1 person is sleeping on it
Intex Comfort Plush Mid Rise Dura-Beam Airbed
If you’re scouting around for the Intex full air mattress, here is your excellent selection. This airbed is engineered with the up-to-date Fiber-Tech construction, offering a sleeping sensation of a regular bed a lot. Even, it gives extra support while you’re sleeping.
The waterproof and flocked top makes it wonderfully cozy to sleep in as wel. Since it’s crafted using the Dura-Beam tech, you’re guaranteed to get increased stability and extra comfort. Besides, this tech improves the lifespan of this air mattress.
Especially, you don’t worry about the sides because they are indented to keep the sheet fit.
- Ideal for two adults over 6 foot tall
- Easy to set up and store
- Features a flocked and waterproof top
- Gives enhanced support and reliability thanks to awesome techs
- Great horizontal support design
- Not as high as other airbeds (13 inches from the floor)
Intex Traditional In Home
If the price is the only thing you care when looking for the best Intex air mattress, you should consult all three traditional ones below. Each comes with great features that are entirely appropriate for your home use as well as accommodating sudden guests. Down here to know now!
Intex Pillow Rest Raised Airbed
This air mattress is actually designed for the comfort of any sleeper. Furthermore, its features help to affirm that anyone can get a good sleep on this product.
Look! The built-in electric pump has it inflated to the right level of firmness and make it easy to keep the air pressure during the time of use. Especially, its flocked and waterproof top adds to the comfort while the built-in pillow is an excellent advantage for sleeping all night comfortably.
A mid-rise height of 17 ½ inches adds to the benefits of the bed. That means kids or short people find it’s easy to get in and out of bed. Additionally, you have no worry about normal wear or tear problems since this airbed is built to last with a waterproof surface and vinyl beams surrounding.
Plus, this Intex air mattress twin is equipped with a convenient bag for storage, making it ideal to store in spare rooms or even for backpacking.
- Lightweight and easy to store in a bag
- Features the built-in pillow and electric pump
- Firm and strong, hold up to 300 pounds
- Comes with flocked and waterproof top
- Extremely cheap
- Only in twin size
- Need to re-inflate throughout use
- Easily affected by weather factors
Intex Pillow Rest Classic Airbed, Twin
The Intex Pillow Rest Classic Airbed is built for in-home use, especially when your guests are staying in your home for a few days. It boasts of the solid construction with a unique built-in pillow that gives extra head support when sleeping. Besides, its cozy top is waterproof and flocked that not only offers a good cushion for the backs but also ensures the sheets and beddings stay in place.
Believe us or not?
You will never feel uncomfortable like sleeping in other thin and cheap air mattresses because this one is raised 12 inches from the floor. That’s why you always get the firmness and comfort without worrying about touching the floor in the next morning or the middle of the night.
When buying this airbed, you also receive an electric pump that is powerful to inflate and deflate it in just 3 minutes.
- Fast and easy to set up and store
- Built-in pillow and electric pump
- Ideal for in-home use
- Comes with soft mattress top
- Raised height of 12 inches
- The built-in pillow could not uncomfortable for some
- Inside beams might break out after multiple uses
Intex Pillow Rest Classic Airbed, Full
Here is what you need for a bigger Intex Pillow Rest Classic Airbed without paying excessive prices for those extras. This air mattress comes with a built-in pillow, electric pump, and a soft flocking all the top. Of course, it has a bargain price to consider.
With the same size as other full-size beds (54 x 75 x 9), you can fit two average-sized persons on it. And don’t worry about the weight capacity because it can hold up to 600 pounds.
Since this airbed is constructed of vinyl, it’s thick to prevent punctures. Besides, its seams are thick, strong, and effective, too. As a plus, the stitching seems to be good. Hence, you have no problems with the construction of this product for sure.
- Quick and easy to set up and fold back up
- Ideal for not only in-home use but also for car camping
- Comes with strong seams
- Weighs 600 pounds, fits well 2 adults
- Keeps the air for a long time
- A bit noisy when deflating
- The built-in pillow is not comfortable for some
Intex Traditional Camping
Instead of using a sleeping bag when going camping, why don’t you think of buying the best Intex air mattress? This airbed will raise your body from the ground, protect you against cold and moist conditions, and give cushioning for a good sleep.
If you agree, be quick to check out top 3 best intex airbed for camping 2018!
Intex Prestige Downy Airbed Kit with Hand Held Battery Pump, Twin
This Intex air mattress comes with a perfect size for single adults (39 x 8.75 x 75). Besides, it can hold up to 300 pounds of weights. What’s more, it’s easy to fold away for storage.
Featuring a hand-held pump with six “C” cell batteries, this air pump does a great job of pumping up the Intex Prestige Downy Airbed.
When it comes to the top, it’s soft-flocked for a cozy sleeping surface. Wonderfully, its waterproof feature makes it easy to clean as well as adding extra comfort. That’s why this product is rather ideal for not only outdoor but also indoor use.
- Great for outdoors and even around your home
- Comes with a comfortable design
- Waterproof and soft-flocked top
- Quick to inflate, deflate, and fold up
- Features hand-held battery pump
- Not including batteries
- Deflating is slow with the pump. It’s best to open the valve and fold/roll to collapse.
Intex Prestige Downy Airbed Kit with Hand Held Battery Pump, Full
This kit comes with an Intex inflatable mattress in full size (54 x 8.75 x 75) and the 600-pound weight capacity. Additionally, its 20-gauge flocked and waterproof top side is connected by 15-gauge sides perfectly. As a plus, a battery-powered and portable air pump is a great part of the kit that is used to inflate and deflate.
With an affordable price, this package from Intex boasts giving you everything you want for camping, even for in-home use. You will be pampered with a well-constructed and durable mattress like staying at home while going camping.
Just make sure to prepare some rechargeable batteries, and you will get a good sleep anywhere with this Intex full air mattress.
- Nice and cozy air mattress
- High quality and thick plastic
- Easy to set up and fold up
- Holds pressure well
- Gives a sturdy feeling while sleeping
- Not included batteries
- The pump is sometimes weak
Intex Prestige Downy Airbed Kit with Hand Held Battery Pump, Queen
It can be said that this Intex queen air mattress is one of the most highly-rated battery-operated beds available and also one of the most affordable ones in the market.
This product is suitable for regular queen-size sheets (60 x 8.75 x 80). Besides, it’s equipped with a wide opening 3-in-1 valve, making it deflate and inflate easily and quickly. Of course, thanks to the hand-held battery pump, you can use this mattress anywhere and anytime you want. Just remember to get the rechargeable batteries.
Especially, a soft-flocked top helps to keep the sheets. Even, it’s coupled with the channel design, making this product breathable and dry all the time.
- Perfect for both in-home and camping use
- Gives a great cushion and comfort
- Easy to clean, deflate and inflate
- Features waterproof and soft-flocked top
- Stay inflated well
- Not included batteries for the air pump
- Didn’t hold air well after multiple uses
Things To Consider When Selecting The Best Intex Air Mattress
Your primary aim
There are 3 BIG purposes when it comes to buying an air mattress, including:
- Daily use
- Welcoming guests
- Camping Trips
If you want an airbed in your bedroom, select the one that offers the most comfort. In case you use it for outdoor activities, buy the one that is durable and can be folded up easily. And remember to avail the smaller and lighter air mattress for backpacking only.
In addition, choosing an airbed size is very important. With all three main sizes of Twin, Full, and Queen, you should think carefully before finding the most suitable one. In case you want the Intex king air mattress, make sure to check with the seller since this size is often unavailable.
Although the air mattress is not expensive, you should determine the price regarding the value you can afford. For instance, if you want a quick and temporary sleeping solution, please opt for the airbeds under $50. On the contrary, you can purchase the pricier airbeds to get better comfort and quality for multiple years.
Luckily, most of the Intex air mattresses are not too expensive, ranging from $20 to $100. So, it’s easy to get the one you need most.
Reviews from users
Reading reviews and feedbacks from users is a good way as well. It’s because they’re real accounts of their experience with this product. Besides, they show a genuine idea of whether this product is worth or not.
FAQ’s About The Intex Airbed Mattress
How to inflate Intex air mattress?
Of course, inflating the airbed is quite important to give you a comfortable and firm feeling while sleeping on it. But, is it complicated to inflate Intex air mattress? Follow us and you will know.
- Firstly, unfold the mattress’ side on a flat surface. Make sure to leave enough space for it to be able to enlarge.
- Then unscrew the cap of the air valve and twist the cap to the direction of the inflation follows. When the inflation has done and the bed is inflated, remember to rotate the cap in the direction that might turn off the flow of air.
- Next, close the valve tightly to prevent air leakage.
- Read the preference of the person sleeping and check its firmness. In case it’s a soft bed and you feel a bit firm, try to make it soft by opening the valve and then release out some air. Or let more air in the bed to make it firmer if you want.
- After that, spread out your preferred sheets, pillows and blankets.
How to deflate Intex air mattress?
Depending on your chosen Intex air mattress, you can deflate it in some different ways. One of the inexpensive options is to let the air out through the valve. Or you can use the pump again to deflate it more conveniently.
After deflating it, you need to notice the way the blow-up mattress is folded when you unload it. It’s necessary to put it back in a packed form.
How to keep inflation?
Although full inflation might not be essential, you have to plan to inflate it every time you want to use it. Importantly, stop over-inflating the air mattress since it might lead to leaks, tears, and unfinished seams.
The Intex airbed manufacturers often suggest you should inflate and deflate your product at least once before using. This helps to break the air chambers and identify any leak problems before sleeping on it.
How to fix leaks?
If your mattress appears one or some leaks, you can deal with it by following our step-by-step process below.
- Search for the source of the leak by listening to whistling sounds or touching the surface.
- When determining where the leak is, you need to deflate the mattress and let it rest for some minutes before starting.
- Use sealant to leak on the external of the bed and then allow the sealant to set for at least 5 minutes.
- Apply at least one extra layer of sealant or more if you still have doubts.
- After that, put a patch over the leak and make sure it sticks to the sealant well. Press the patch down to release our air bubbles
- If the leaks still appear, you should add more sealant and another patch to the same position.
How to clean your Intex airbed?
Since most of the Intex air mattresses are waterproof, you can clean it easily with a soft cloth and rubbing alcohol. For stains or dirt, just pour a small amount of rubbing alcohol and wipe down carefully. After that, allow it to dry out to prevent any remaining moisture as well as unpleasant smells.
Obviously, selecting the best Intex air mattress is not a walk in the park. There are lots of things that you need to notice and consider before finding the one you want most.
But if you need a name, we think the overall winner will be the Intex Comfort Plush Elevated Dura-Beam airbed. This mattress offers good support and is extremely comfortable to sleep on thanks to its excellent features. Even, it’s ideal for going camping.
In a word, no matter which air mattress you’re going to buy, the air mattresses from Intex are definitely a great choice. Just reread all the products above, and you will get the best one for sure. Check Intex air mattress pump reviews if you need.