- Best Above Ground Pool Vacuum Reviews of 2019
- 1. Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus up to 50 Feet
- 2. Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
- 3. BARACUDA G3 W03000 Advanced Suction Side Automatic Pool Cleaner
- 4. Dolphin Nautilus CC Robotic Pool Cleaner Up to 30 feet
- 5. Aquabot Pool Rover S2-40i Pool Cleaner
- 6. Zodiac Polaris F9550 Sports Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner
- 7. Dolphin Premier In-Ground Pool Cleaner
- 8. Polaris Vac-Sweep 3900 Sports Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
- 9. Hayward RC9990CUB TigerShark Automatic Pool Cleaner
- 10. XtremepowerUS Automatic Suction Vacuum-generic Climb Wall Pool Cleaner
- How To Choose The Best Pool Vacuum?
Building a family swimming pool is becoming increasingly popular today. Along with that increasing need, the equipment technology for self-service also develops. A private swimming pool allows you to reduce the minimum cost for swimming centers.
A crystal clear pool helps bring the feeling of friendliness and luxury for your home. And, it helps your whole family relax after a stressful day. A safe pool helps you avoid the smell of pool chemicals or infectious germs in public lakes.
Selecting the high-quality pool equipment at reasonable prices is the most important element. Don’t worry! We will provide you with the best above ground pool vacuum reviews(newest 2019) for a swimming pool.
This guide ensures a pool of high quality and safety when used. But first, take a look at our guide of ‘How to choose the best robotic pool cleaners effectively’ part. This is good if you have never purchased any pool cleaner before.
|Product name||Feature||Our rating|
|Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus||Robotic Pool Cleaner||4.5/5 stars|
|Polaris Vac-Sweep 280||Polaris Pool Cleaner||4.0/5 stars|
|BARACUDA G3 W03000||Suction Side Pool Cleaner||4.0/5 stars|
|Dolphin Nautilus CC||Above Ground Robotic Pool Cleaner||4.0/5 stars|
|Aquabot Pool Rover S2-40i||Suction Pool Cleaner For Power||4.5/5 stars|
|Zodiac Polaris F9550 Sports||Pool Vacuum Cleaner||4.0/5 stars|
|Dolphin Premier||Inground Pool Cleaner||4.0/5 stars|
|Polaris Vac-Sweep 3900||Pressure Side Pool Cleaner||3.5/5 stars|
|Hayward RC9990CUB TigerShark||Pool Cleaner Robot For Power||4.0/5 stars|
|XtremePowerUS Vacuum-Generic||Above Ground Pool Vacuum||3.5/5 stars|
Best Above Ground Pool Vacuum Reviews of 2019
Here is the best list of top 10 best pool vacuum on the current market of 2019. Let’s read our pool cleaner reviews, our best-suggested pool cleaners below will point out your right answer.
1. Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus up to 50 Feet
Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Pool cleaners are affordable robotic pool cleaners with several impressive features. The cleaners are simple and easy to use. It serves great self-service of pool cleaning for an around 50-ft pool.
- Two sets of filter cartridges → complete debris removal
- 360-degree rotation and spinning
- 19 pounds
- Scrubs, vacuums, and filters all pool surfaces in just 2.5 hours
- Dual scrubbing brushes remove leaves, dirt, particles, and algae
This product vacuums and scrubs the floor of the pool well. And, this best pool cleaner robot also supports good wall and waterline cleaning. The performance of this product depends on the inbuilt IntelliScan software.
This software helps determine the pool’s size and shape exactly. That makes the performance of the most efficiency.
The patented swivel cable helps avoid the hassle of cable untangling. It also ensures the cable spinning and rotation at a perfect 360-degree angle. It is worth calling the best automatic pool cleaner.
Two additional filters enhance the performance. It also supports the ease of the fine debris removal. The replacement parts of the pool cleaners are quite expensive. However, we believe the advantages are enough to cover all the drawbacks.
- Clean with ease thanks to its filter cartridge
- A patented swivel cable helps avoid the cable untangling
- Allow exceptional cleaning with its ultra-fine filters
- Long warranty
- Expensive replacement parts
- Not so impressive customer service
- Leaking in swivel power connector happens
2. Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
Find out the most powerful pool cleaner at a very reasonable price? The Vac-Sweep 280 is what fits your need. A strong twinjet engine allows this best polaris pool cleaner to clean a pool in just 4-6 hours.
- Three-wheel design→ easy cleaning of all the pools
- Large-Capacity filter bag
- Double jets → faster cleaning
- 31-feet feed hose → capturing larger debris
Its integrated handles along with its 31-ft feed hose support a better grip. It is lightweight enough to clean the floor, stairs, and walls. However, cleaning the full stairs of a pool may be slightly difficult.
A well-designed filter will protect the inside cleaner from unexpected pebbles and large debris. Want to continue its satisfactory cleaning job? Invest in the tail accessory for corner and crevice cleaning.
This mid-priced model owns a powerful engine, unique filter, impressive design, and good cleaning ability. Never worry about your best inground pool cleaner with it.
- Good design aids easier handling
- Convenient with the complimentary storage bag
- Unique filter to save the machine from pebble’s damage
- A powerful engine
- The valve may require regular maintenance.
- Clean the pool’s ladder maybe hard
- Poor customer services
3. BARACUDA G3 W03000 Advanced Suction Side Automatic Pool Cleaner
This is one of the most powerful suction pool cleaners. It creates a quiet operation by its low-speed pumps. The strong potential of this best suction pool cleaner to devour all debris of all types is worth a valuable purchase.
- Low-speed pumps → maximum efficiency
- Automatically water flow regulation→ maintain the peak cleaning performance
- 18.2 pounds
- Quick and easy for its set-up
The lower-speed pumps may look a bit strange. However, it helps regulate water flow automatically for the peak cleaning performance. The wheel deflector makes it clean the tight corners with power.
Its one-moving-party-technology offers good cleaning results. Nevertheless, it may require regular maintenance. Be careful while using this best above ground automatic pool cleaner! It may get stuck on an elevated anti-vortex drain.
- Powerful but extremely quiet
- Be able to work around the tight corners
- Work well on the drain covers without being hung up
- Warranty time should be longer
- Problems may be easily caused by long leaves
- It may get stuck on the main drain.
4. Dolphin Nautilus CC Robotic Pool Cleaner Up to 30 feet
This machine is a unique robotic cleaner with high efficiency. It provides us with the anti-tangling system and impressive navigation. Dolphin Nautilus CC pool cleaner is powerful to use. It’s lightweight with several amazing features.
- Top Load Included Filter Basket → easier cleaning for pools around 35 feet
- Clever Clean Technology systematically determine the most efficient path for cleaning
- Active brush → more effective cleaning and scrubbing
Active brushes included will spin twice faster than that of the robot to remove any stuck-on stuff. Special software is designed inside to control the anti-tangling system. Clever Clean Technology, weekly timer, and even smart navigation make it an extremely powerful machine. They run its programmed cycle without any unexpected intervention. This best pool robotic cleaner is a great choice.
- Large capacity
- Clever, clean technology → efficient cleaning
- High-quality scrubbing with active brushes
- Ease of use with weekly timer mode
- Not too reasonable
- Short warranty
- The cord should the longer
5. Aquabot Pool Rover S2-40i Pool Cleaner
The industry-leading suction power with its Patented Hydrobotic Technology is worth your pennies. It is sure to be designed for high efficiency and the best performance.
- Able to clean all pool shapes up to 40-feet
- 40′ kink free with EZ swivel cable
- 80-85 filtration gallons every minute
- Sleek design → maximum maneuvering
The filtration system with an efficient filter bag offers the easy access. It’s able to filter over 80 gallons per minute. And, it traps too small debris of 2 microns easily. The efficient water circulation helps save the chemical and water usage. Thanks to the advantages carried, it is worth calling the best pool vacuum cleaner.
- Convenient for above-ground pool cleaning
- Effective for vinyl liner and different pool surfaces
- No need for assembling
- Difficult for wall cleaning
- Relatively short cable
- Poor customer support
6. Zodiac Polaris F9550 Sports Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner
The 4WD drive maneuverability makes the Polaris 9550 one of the most advanced cleaners on the market. This cleaner is so powerful regarding the navigation.
- 4-wheel drive with its Aqua-Trax tires → all pool surface cleaning
- 70-feet Cable → stronger cleaning
- 7-day programmable timer function
- 47 pounds
The Polaris 9550 delivers amazing 60-minute pool cleaning performance. The rear-water propulsion system helps the machine reach even the hard-reaching areas.
What surprises most is that its tangle-reducing swivel helps avoid the cable tangling. However, it is hard to access the pool walls with this best pool cleaner.
- Work on all the surfaces
- Provide with the exceptional navigation
- Able to remove larger debris
- Use of ease
- Hard for the climbing up the pool wall
- High price tag.
- The debris sometimes stucks on the bottom
7. Dolphin Premier In-Ground Pool Cleaner
Dolphin Premier In-Ground Pool cleaner is sure to be a reasonably good purchase. Its over-sized debris bag and a Multi-Media filtration system ensure well optimum efficiency for pool cleaning.
- Grade DC motors → reduce up to 87% of energy use
- Unlimited 360-degree rotation –>tangle-free operation
- Microprocessor software → high-quality scanning and coverage
- 36.2 pounds
The outstanding design and energy use reduction make it a relatively popular option. The highly productive DC motors (3,000 RPM) helps it clean the far-reaching areas with authority quickly.
A 360-degree anti-tangle swivel provides a tangle-free operation for the maximum efficiency of this best inground pool cleaner.
- Amazing navigation
- Ensure optimum grip
- Oversized bag included for more debris removal
- Multiple media types available
- Should come with a caddy.
- Relatively high cost
- Hard to clean the corners
8. Polaris Vac-Sweep 3900 Sports Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
The Polaris 3900 Sports Pool Cleaner is defined as one of the most worth-purchasing pressure side cleaners. An all-wheel Posi-Drive system allows exceptional cleaning of pools with not many hang-ups.
- Able to connect to a 1.5-inch pressure cleaner line
- 3-jet, 40 GPM of pool filtration
- 50% more torque, all-wheel Posi-Drive system & stainless steel chain.
- Ultimate sweeping action
The 2.5-inch vacuum inlet and a 3-jet suction make better performance. They also allow additional filtration for larger debris is capturing without clogging. The dual-chamber zippered SuperBag aids the better debris storing. The advanced TailSweep PRO can remove all the debris from every corner. Despite featuring a 31-ft hose kit, the quality of the hose connections should be improved.
- Good for every in-ground pools
- Works well
- An all-wheel Posi-Drive system for the torque increase
- Provide exceptional sweeping with its TailSweep Pro
- The hose connections should be enhanced
- May sometimes get stuck in the pool
- The hose sometimes leaks at each joint
9. Hayward RC9990CUB TigerShark Automatic Pool Cleaner
The 90-minute quick-clean cycle makes Hayward RC9990CUB TigerShark a perfect investment. It is also well-designed with a uniquely-designed cartridge filter system.
- 90-minute quick-clean cycle provided
- Clean In-ground pools about 20 x 40 feet
- 24-volt motor → less energy use and lower cost
- Uniquely-designed cartridge filter system→ easy emptying
The amazing microprocessor-based technology enables the Hayward TigerShark to clean all the pool surfaces magically. Two cleaning speeds offer the good performance in only 3 hours.
With a pump ensuring the energy-efficient operation, this machine is such a reasonable investment for the home pools.
- Provide an impressive 90-minute cleaning cycle
- Independent on the filtration system
- No extra hookup, pumps or hoses needed
- High energy efficiency
- Not good customer service
- Hard to clean the drain
- Easy-to-tangle cords
10. XtremepowerUS Automatic Suction Vacuum-generic Climb Wall Pool Cleaner
The XtremePowerUS Vacuum-Generic pool cleaner is suitable for most surfaces of the pools. This can be the best above ground pool cleaner offering the best cleaning performance.
- 10 hoses for about 30′ pool
- A filtration system attached
- Adjustable diverter and cleaner
It can tackle different pool surfaces such as fiberglass, concrete, and vinyl. So, this machine can deliver efficient performance without much maintenance required. You need to connect it to your pool’s filtration system to make it work.
This is highly recommended for being a basic low-priced model. Moreover, it is still one of the most reasonably good choices for small pools with around 32′ in size.
Smart navigation or weekly timer is included for other experience.
- Step up quite well
- Easy to use and assemble
- Portable (12 lbs of weight)
- Reasonable price
- The quality of hose needs improving
- Climb walls with difficulty
- Get clogged sometimes
How To Choose The Best Pool Vacuum?
We understand that your decision will take a slightly major investment. So, we have done a lot of extensive researches to help you. A right pool cleaner should be well decided.
Some common questions should be found out before making your decision. What features do we need to care for? What to know before buying one? Just need to sit back and relax. We did all of them for you.
All you need now is to choose one that best meets your needs. It will ensure the long-term use of your clean and safe pool. There are a couple of factors helping you decide your right pool cleaner.
Majors features of the best pool cleaner to look for
We did some researches carefully to make this maximum helpful and valuable guide. That will influence the right decision for your cleaning method as well as equipment. Let’s check it first!
The size of your swimming pool
Before buying any pool cleaner, the users should probably consider their pool size. Small swimming pools are easy to clean with the manual pool cleaners. Small pools won’t take much time for a self-cleaning.
However, a medium-sized or large pool will require the best robotic pool cleaner for higher efficiency. Take this point into consideration to receive the right decision.
The efficiency of the pool cleaner
The efficiency of a pool cleaner work is certainly defined as the time taken for its job. The manual pool cleaners are extremely efficient for small pools. It takes little time to finish the performance.
However, a pool of any larger size can be time-consuming. In this case, robotic pool cleaners are completely the best choices to consider.
The total energy consumption of the equipment
Of all the types of swimming pool cleaners, a robotic pool cleaner is the most energy-efficient tool. The separate booster pump may easily lead to the shoot-up of the energy consumption.
The good filtration system of a pool cleaner
The suction pool cleaners are designed with the dependency on its pool filtration system. This feature creates much stress on the system. In contrast, pressure pool cleaners bring no stress for the filtration.
The robotic side pool cleaners provide a built-in filtration system for the effective pool cleaning.
Ease of Use
Among all automatic pool cleaners, robotic pool cleaners are the easiest and simplest for use. It hardly requires anything to do. Only remember to lower all the unit into your swimming pool and switch the cleaner on.
This equipment will work magic. It gradually removes all the dirt and grime from the pool’s walls and floor.
Here, we shall share a little about common kinds of the pool cleaners. This helps you get the perfect idea for your most suitable pool cleaner.
Common types of pool cleaners
Most common types of pool cleaners include pressure pool cleaners, suction pool cleaners, and robotic pool cleaner. They come with their strengths as well as limitations. However, they still assure the users an efficient pool cleaning.
Suction pool cleaners
This kind of pool cleaners basically uses the suction side of your swimming pool for the debris cleaning. The hose attached well to its filter system can be moved around your pool easily.
Climbing the walls with your best suction pool cleaner will remove every single dirt in your pool at ease.
Pressure pool cleaners
In contrast, the best pressure side pool cleaner utilizes the pressure emitted by the pool. These cleaners make use of its filtration and the included waste bag well. Clean the pool with less stress on the quality filtration system!
Robotic pool cleaners
These pool cleaners are not similar to the pool’s pump or the suction system used for pool cleaning. All robotic pool cleaners are well-powered by its provided electricity. They are also not dependent on the pool’s filtration system.
The wheels allow the cleaners to move both systematically and efficiently on the pool’s surface. The movement is easier with its helpful built-in navigation system.
Now, you have had a quite adequate idea of necessary things for the most effective pool cleaners. Therefore, it is the certain time to keep the pools extremely crystal clean. Just read our suggestions now!
Keep your pool with its sparkling surface and crystal clear water will no longer an exasperating chore. Decide your best pool cleaners based on our options to keep your life happy as always.
And, read our best automatic pool vacuum reviews carefully then make a good decision for the best purchase!