- Best Above Ground Pool Heater Pump You Can Use
- 1. Best Electric Pool Heater – Hayward HP31204T HeatPro
- 2. Hayward HP50TA HeatPro 50,000 BTU Heat Pump
- 3. Best Solar Pool Heater – SmartPool S240U Universal Sun
- 4. Pentair 460732 MasterTemp 250,000 BTU Heat Pump
- 5. Best Gas Pool Heater – Hayward H350FDN Universal H-Series
- 6. Hayward H400FDN Universal H-Series 400,000 BTU Heat Pump
- 7. AquaCal HeatWave SQ145 Heat Pump
- 8. FibroPool FH55 In-Ground Pool Heater Pump
- 9. Hayward H500FDNASME Universal H-Series 500,000 BTU Heat Pump
- 10. Jandy Pro Series JXi 400K BTU Pool Heater Pump
- Types of the Pool Heater Pump
- What to Consider When Choosing to Buy the Best Pool Heater
You have paid a not-small budget for keeping your pool warm and swimmable every 6 months. So, why don’t use a pool heat pump, a great tool to complete this task?
Instead of directly generating heat like the solar pool heaters, the heat pumps bring more effectively, by capturing heat. Nonetheless, the heat pump is not cheap. Accordingly, to choose the best above ground pool heater pump, you need to have the guide. Read my pool heat pump reviews below to find the answers.
|Image||Product name||BTU||Type||Our rating|
|Hayward HP31204T HeatPro 120,000 BTU Heat Pump||120,000||Electric||4.5/5 stars|
|Hayward HP50TA HeatPro 50,000 BTU Heat Pump||50,000||Electric||4.0/5 stars|
|SmartPool S240U Universal Sun Heater Pump||Solar||4.0/5 stars|
|Pentair 460732 MasterTemp 250,000 BTU Heat Pump||250,000||Gas||4.0/5 stars|
|Hayward H350FDN Universal H-Series 350,000 BTU Pool Heater Pump||350,000||Gas||4.5/5 stars|
|Hayward H400FDN Universal H-Series 400,000 BTU Heat Pump||400,000||Gas||4.0/5 stars|
|AquaCal HeatWave SQ145 Heat Pump||119,000||Electric||4.0/5 stars|
|FibroPool FH55 In-Ground Pool Heater Pump||Electric||3.5/5 stars|
|Hayward H500FDNASME Universal H-Series 500,000 BTU Heat Pump||500,000||Gas||4.0/5 stars|
|Jandy Pro Series JXi 400K BTU Pool Heater Pump||400,000||Gas||3.5/5 stars|
Best Above Ground Pool Heater Pump You Can Use
You have read all that I shared above, including, how to select a right heat pump. So, it’s high time to give a decision. Consult the best above ground pool heater pump 2019 in my list to pick up one right off.
1. Best Electric Pool Heater – Hayward HP31204T HeatPro
You are not interested in the price. Your requirement is the quality of the product. It is okay! The Hayward HP31204T 120,000 BTU is electric pool heater pump, is to spend on you.
- Have the acoustic compressor cover, along with the profiled fan blade
- Consist of the anticorrosive evaporator fin
- Built-up the durable heat exchanger
- The body panels can prevent the UV rays
This is a great-effectiveness heater. Only using 80% of the energy, it can provide the desired water temperature. In comparison with the gas heaters, the Hayward HP31204T helps to save the energy significantly.
Aside from that, the product heats your pool in a safe way. Utilize the surrounding air to create the heat and warm the water in the pool yours. Plus the combination of the panel having the digital LED and the precision temperature control, you are easy to read and get the exact temp.
- Quiet running heater
- Easy to hook up
- Fast warm water
- All plastic construction
- No owner manual
2. Hayward HP50TA HeatPro 50,000 BTU Heat Pump
Do you enjoy using the models from Hayward? Well, let me introduce the preeminent heater that you can add to your shopping list, the Hayward HP50TA HeatPro 50,000 BTU Heat Pump.
- The fan blade is profiled
- Have the acoustic compressor cover
- The evaporator fin has the ability to resist corrosion
- Include the titanium heat exchanger and the UV-resistant panels
The incorporation of the heat exchangers helps the Hayward HeatPro be able to run in the hardest conditions.
It is noticed that the product has owned a variety of the dominant features such as the body panels molded with the durable and UV-resistant material, the scroll compressors working quietly, and the hardware made of the stainless steel. Furthermore, the lightweight and the compact design are easy to install.
- Very quiet
- Work great
- Easy to install
- Heat the pool to 890
- Leakage inside
- Made in China
3. Best Solar Pool Heater – SmartPool S240U Universal Sun
Don’t like either the electric or gas heaters! No problem! You can try experiencing the sun heater model from the SmartPool. This is one of the top seller solar pool heater for above ground pool models on Amazon of 2019.
- Use a polypropylene heat collector to warm your pool
- Have two adapters threaded your elbow
- Each of the heating tubes has a header hole
- Come with many accessories, including, the hose clamps, the end caps, a Teflon tape, and a connector hose
Operate by collecting the heat from the sun and then increase the water temperature in the pool within 6-100. The SmartPool S240U is considered as a cost-effective sun heater to keep your pool warm.
The product has the manual in English, Spanish, and French. Make sure that you will not meet difficult to install.
- Get warm the faster
- East to install
- Leak a bit
- Not hot enough for the large pool
4. Pentair 460732 MasterTemp 250,000 BTU Heat Pump
Continue experiencing another brand, the Pentair, to recognize the difference. The representation will be the Pentair 460732 heat pump, which promises to bring the optimal features.
- Have certified for the low-NOx emission
- Design a tough exterior
- The system is fully premixed
- Have both the indicator lights and the digital display
- Allow standing up in the harshest conditions, thanks to the cupro-nickel exchanger
The manufacturer especially pays attention to the reliability. Built-in the safe and durable construction. With the rust-proof exterior, it not only can suffer the heat but also can run despite the weather.
On the other hands, the safety is also ensured by the following features: the switch (including the water pressure and high limit one), the manual gas shut-off, and a flue sensor.
- No sheet metal
- Very small foot-print
- Digital thermostat is exact
- Easy to install
- Work great
- A little difficult to connect to water supplies
- Hard to maintain
- Not packaged well
5. Best Gas Pool Heater – Hayward H350FDN Universal H-Series
For the choosy customers, the appearance of the Hayward H350FDN brings the certain satisfaction, owing to the outstanding features.
- Provide the standard heat exchanger
- Equip the digital control panel with the LED
- Have the forced-draft combustion system
- Have the flexible design that helps to install easily
- Warranty in one year
The Hayward H350FDN 350,000 BTU deserves one of the top seller gas pool heater pump 2019. The combination of the state-of-the-art technology with the flexible features helps to simplify the demand. In particular, there are the silicon igniters, the insulating chambers, standard exchanger, and stainless steel burners.
- Heat fast
- Digital display gives accurate temperature
- Easy to winterize
- Running great for a long time
- Easy to install
- Have the leakage inside
- Pretty loud
- Not weather resistant
6. Hayward H400FDN Universal H-Series 400,000 BTU Heat Pump
It is no coincidence that most heat pumps from Hayward is very preferred to use. Look at the Hayward H400FDN heat pump you will clear.
- Have the high-value heat exchanger
- Offer the easy-to-setup design
- Design the bypass valve and the patented-polymer header
- Have the forced-draft combustion system
- Easy to read, owing to the digital control panel with the LED
Saying to the Hayward H400FDN, everyone immediately thinks to a friendly heater pump. The model is almost standard when providing the low amount of the NOx emissions.
As previously stated, with the forced-draft combustion system, the air moves in a fast and exact way whatever how the weather condition is.
- Effectively heat
- Simple to use
- Work great
- Reasonable price
- Poor warranty
- A bit of the internal leakage
- Bad service
7. AquaCal HeatWave SQ145 Heat Pump
Aquacal vs. Hayward heat pump is the reliable models available on the market. Each of both has the specific features. Today, in this list, I want to share a heat pump from Aquacal I especially love, the AquaCal HeatWave SQ145 Heat Pump.
- Have the full warranty
- Provide the variable speed pumps
- Have the patented-hydraulic design
- The patented counter-flow water management system
It seems that the AquaCal SQ145 heat pump is representative of the expensive model coming with the quality when allowing you to heat at freezing temperature.
Aside from building-in a drain pan to provide condensate management, it still has the rust-and-fade-proof construction. You can comfortably use in any condition.
- Set to heat and cool
- Lifetime warranty
- Impact resistant
- Lockable panel
- Easy-to-read display
- The heavyweight
- Not apply the local installation services
8. FibroPool FH55 In-Ground Pool Heater Pump
Instead of the familiar brands, a reliable and new brand, FibroPool, is pretty well-known today, have released many helpful heat pumps. One of them is the FibroPool FH55 In-Ground Pool Heater Pump.
- The heat exchanger made of 100% titanium
- Equip the quickly-connected piping
- Include the digital display
- Warranty in 10 years
The product enables extending the swimming season yours, thanks to the large capacity. Frequently, it only takes a short time to heat the round pool (21’), an oval (15 x 30), and the in-ground one.
Apart from that, the maximum energy can reach up to a 5.92 COP. This one is based on the heat exchanger. Moreover, the setting time is also short. The most are 30 minutes, including the accessories.
- Work as desired
- Good customer service
- Heat up to 900
- Solid construction
- Difficult to install
- Shipping problem
9. Hayward H500FDNASME Universal H-Series 500,000 BTU Heat Pump
If you are looking for the heat pump with the highest BTU as possible, you ought to consider the model from Hayward. Particularly, here is the Hayward H500FDNASME heat pump.
- Provide up to 500,000 BTU
- Have the easy-to-install design
- Built-up the corrosion-resistant header
- Equip the dependable heat exchanger
This heater pump is the combination of the gas-and-water connections with the high adaptability.
Don’t stop! In addition to building-in the durable heat exchanger, the Hayward H500FDNASME still has the lightweight, the modern interface, and the LED digital control panel to read easily.
After all, that the product meets the quality emission standards is used for the residential area.
- Heat up quickly
- Simply install
- Work well
- Ease of use
- The gas meter seems small
- Consume plenty of energy
10. Jandy Pro Series JXi 400K BTU Pool Heater Pump
Do you get used to hearing the Jandy Pro brand? Yes, it seems quite new. But, in the recent years, a large number of people have enjoyed utilizing it. And today, I will introduce a heat pump from this brand, the Jandy Pro Series JXi 400K BTU.
- Provide 83% of the thermal energy efficiency
- Have the compact design
- Have the 1800 rotatable top
- The sensors are anticorrosive
No more heater pumps have the lightweight and the Jandy Pro is one of few these. With what it has been equipped, you do not need the rotating headers and can feel its friendliness.
- Work perfectly
- Warm the pool quickly
- Easy to use
- Not easy to install
Types of the Pool Heater Pump
Do you want to use what type of the pool heater for your pool? There are the specific types you can consider…
The solar panels will absorb the solar energy and then transfer it into the heat to warm your pool. The ability to work is not as quick as the rest types. Frequently, you will not have to pay for operating monthly. This is a friendly model with the surrounding environment.
Pool heaters: Heat up quickly, but you must pay for running it per month. Not all cases, you will get the energy efficiency.
Pool heat pumps: Use your electricity to work, but warming your pool is based on the heat from the water or air. Correspondingly, they slowly operate compared to the traditional models. Nonetheless, the usage time lasts, up to 15 – 20 years. Importantly, the monthly-paid price is not too expensive.
Yes, warm your pool by utilizing gas. Due to the rising gas cost, this heater type is not too common. This is the most expensive model in there.
What to Consider When Choosing to Buy the Best Pool Heater
Now, before starting to select the best pool heater, you need to know how to pick up one. Look below!
This is the vital part of the heater pump. If the traditional models have the heat exchangers made for Cupro-nickel or copper, the modern heat pump utilizes the titanium kind. Like that, it is more expensive, but it is especially durable anymore.
The most important consideration is the efficiency because it decides the performance and cost of the product. Through the efficiency, you can exactly know how much you will pay daily, monthly, and yearly.
Include two major types, reciprocating and scroll. With the reciprocating compressors, they have the compact size and the high-cost. Inevitably, the scroll types are cheaper, more durable, and more energy-effective.
Consist of all cost, repairing, installing, operating, and maintaining. The best plan would be best to choose a heat pump in your budget range.
The best heater pump should have the reliable manufacturer so that you can get a prestigious warranty. In this way, you may save your cost, repairing, maintaining, for example.
I recommend that you ought to read and learn about the warranty policy carefully. Prioritize to choose the products with a longer warranty.
How? After considering the whole of my pool heat pump reviews, you have chosen to the suitable model for yourself. The first, you need to determine the type you need. Later, continue to consider how to select the best pool heater for above ground pool. Finally, look at all the products reviewed above and give a right decision. You can entirely feel secure because they are produced by the prestigious brands, Hayward, AquaCal, Pentair included. Depending on your demand and preference, you will invest one. You are on the right track!